Friday, February 27, 2009

Dear Avery -- big news!

(If you know me in real life, please respect that we are not making this news public just yet -- thank you!)

Dear Avery,

Daddy and I have some very exciting news for you. The dolly in this picture is not the only baby we brought home for you from the Bahamas. That's right, my sweet girl, come November, you are going to be a BIG SISTER!!!!

This news is a surprise to us -- a very welcome surprise! Some people might tell me I'm crazy. They might think that you're going to get jipped. You will only be 13 months when this new baby comes home -- still a baby yourself! I'm going to need to figure out  a lot of things. How will I hold you both? Bathe you both? Feed you both? Soothe you both? How will I ever carry you AND a diaper bag AND a newborn in a car seat?

Some people might ask me another question too. How will I ever love you both?

Yes, you are going to have to share a lot of things. You will need to share your toys and your books and maybe even your clothes. And sometimes you might not be so happy about that. 

But let me be clear on this. You will never need to share my love. There's no limit to love. It just grows. And Daddy and I will always have plenty to go around. Bringing home a new baby won't ever mean that we'll love you any less. If anything, it will mean that we'll love you more. 

You will always be our first born. The first kick in my tummy. The first smile that melted us. The first giggle that filled our hearts. These things will always belong to you.

And now you get to be the BIG SISTER, something that I never got to be myself. I always dreamed of having a little sibling close in age. It was my biggest wish. This new baby is going to adore you. And you are going to just love having somebody to play with. The two of you will share a bond that is different than anything Daddy and I could ever offer you. And I can't wait to witness it.

No, sweet child, I don't think you're getting jipped at all. In fact, I think you and your little brother or sister are just about the luckiest babies in the whole wide world. I am so SO happy for you.

I love you so much.

Love,
Mommy

p.s. this is how you told Daddy the news!

4 comments:

Lori said...

OMG, Andra - congratulations! I am so happy for you! I am also jealous - I always wanted a sibling really close in age. Maybe the grass is always greener, but I always looked at the people I knew who did and thought they were so lucky. YAY!!! Congrats!

.jennifer. said...

Congratulations! I've been quietly following your blog since prior to your pregnancy and I feel like I know you! I am so happy for you!!

I have a sister close in age and a brother who is quite a bit younger and let me tell you - my sister and I fought but we are and always have been so close! We are both more like mothers to my little brother, but he is just as loved! You can't go wrong!!

SOOO happy for all of you!!!

Jen

who said life is fair said...

awww, congrats!

(formally comment as Lynda but finally started blogging)

Lindsey said...

Andra I've been following your blog for awhile now-back in early pregnancy days. :-) I guess you could call me a lurker-but your blog is so interesting that you're on my favorites list for websites. Ok, anyways! :-)
I wanted to say congratulations on the new baby! I had my first son on 8/3/07, and 7 months later we planned our second pregnancy, and our second son was born on 12/6/08.

Since your babies will be around 14 months apart I thought I would give some "advice" from someone who is in the same boat with 2 kids under 2.

Let's see....it sounds impossible to have and manage daily living with 2 under 1.5 years but it's not. My youngest is turning 4 months now and his schedule is in place, his big brother is used to him being around, my energy has come back and life is starting to come back around to normal. It takes time to get back to normal.

I don't know what else to say except that my youngest is growing so fast, and since he doesn't have to "pave the way" for growth like the oldest does-he's doing things (like rolling) A LOT sooner than my oldest did. He's practicing sitting up now, and this month he mastered rolling from belly to back and back to belly in 16 days flat. I'm impressed!

I'm excited to see you through this new life journey and hope your family is doing wonderfully.

Your faithful "stalker"
Lindsey