Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dear Avery -- 8 weeks old

Dear Avery,

We've started a family tradition. Every night at bedtime we tell one another about the best part of our day and the worst part of our day. Since you can't talk yet, Mommy has to guess for you. But you give me good clues. When you smile big and beautiful, I know you are happy. And when you scream and scream and scream, I know you are not. Yesterday I think the best part of your day was when I read you "Goodnight Moon." You just smiled and smiled and smiled and looked at me with those big wide eyes. The worst part of your day was definitely at the grocery store. Yikes!

Daddy asked me about my best part yesterday. I said it was seeing Grammy's face when she walked into D'angelos. We meet Grammy for lunch every Wednesday. She only gets a 30-minute lunch break but I'm telling you, it is the best 30 minutes of her whole week. Her whole face lights up when she sees you.

That's the thing, Avery. You have a special gift. You bring joy and light to everyone around you. 

Nana and Papa came the other day. It was Nana's birthday. I think spending it with you was her best present. And boy did you smile that big pretty smile at your Papa! We went to visit your great-grandparents, Nannie and Papa Bob, last week too. You followed Papa Bob with your eyes everywhere he went. He felt so loved by you. And I felt so blessed to be there to witness it.

We spend every Thursday with Auntie Shannon and Carter and Mason. When I meet Carter at his bus stop and tell him you are waiting inside with his mommy, he always shouts out a big "YES!" And Mason has started putting a diaper on his "Cookie" and giving him a bottle just like you!

Grandma and Poppy are coming next week for Thanksgiving. They can't wait. And I can't wait to give them the gift of you too. 

I am so proud of you for giving so much joy to all the people around you. I am so honored to be your mother.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: