Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dear Avery -- Happy 2009!

Dear Avery,

How do I sum up 2008? A year of excitement. A year of wonder. A year of anticipation. 2008 was a year of big changes in the world. Our first black president. The tanking of the economy. Michael Phelps defining new limits.

It was a year of big changes in my world too. It was the year I became a mother. It was the year I got to watch Daddy fall in love all over again. 2008 was the year of you.

How could 2009 ever top that? Well that's the best part. 2009 will be the year of you too. It will be the year of your first steps and your first words and your first birthday. It will hold so many treasures for us. And so will 2010 and 2011 and 2012 and so on and so on.

Every year will be the year of you. Your are ours forever. I really am the luckiest mommy on earth.

I love you.

Love,
Mommy


2 comments:

LHD said...

how adorable is her little top tail?!
she's turning into a lovely little lady!

Anonymous said...

Mrs.ABC, I just wanted to say that I found your blog by chance at babyzone.com and I read the entire thing in one sit down. It was amazing to read how even though our stories are slightly different, you felt the exact same way that I felt when we lost our baby. I just started my blog today but have a feeling I'll become addicted to letting it all out. Thanks for helping even if only to give me hope. Oh, and by the way your Avery is a doll baby! Check out my new blog (it's still a little new) at http://skoschalk.blogspot.com/